Star Wars...I'm such a nerd
I have discovered within the past year or so that I am a nerd. I have loved Star Wars since the first time I saw it when I was 5 (my parents immediately decided it was too violent to be a 5-year-old's favorite movie, and Star Wars and I were separated until Junior High). Several of my friends and I then started having Star Wars parties which consisted of watching Episodes IV, V and VI in a row and eating more popcorn and drinking more cherry coke than any Junior High kid should. I saw Episodes I, II and III at the 12:01 showings on the days they came out, even arriving at my "professional" job the morning after Episode III only to announce to the guy standing next to me who was also waiting for the freshly brewed coffee to start coming out of the spout that I had seen the movie the night before only to be apalled that he didn't intend on seeing it at all. I gained much personal satisfaction from the look that he gave me that said, "You are insane." Star Wars Episode III is also on my list of all two movies that made me cry (Charlottes Web being other , and, oh yeah - there was that Quizno's commercial with the dancing, guitar playing, singing chihuahua, but that doesn't count)
You would think that after having a love of Star Wars, science fiction, Zelda, and other nerdly endeavors for almost my whole life and for the past couple of years loving anything Joss Whedon created, that I would have realized that I was a nerd. But no, it took that look and realizing that I enjoyed being thought of as a nerd to make it sink in. I have just embraced my inner nerd.
You would think that after having a love of Star Wars, science fiction, Zelda, and other nerdly endeavors for almost my whole life and for the past couple of years loving anything Joss Whedon created, that I would have realized that I was a nerd. But no, it took that look and realizing that I enjoyed being thought of as a nerd to make it sink in. I have just embraced my inner nerd.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home