Perfume etiquette
Yesterday a lady walked into my office. She was nice enough. She looked pretty normal. She wasn't wearing too much makeup or gaudy jewelry. She was wearing a nice smelling perfume. But she was wearing too much of it. I never got within 10 feet of her, but I could smell it. She left her coat in the same room as me and it made my eyes water. Then I started to feel slightly dizzy.
Here are my thoughts on perfume etiquette and 3 scenarios that should be avoided. If you can think of more, maybe I'll add them to the book I plan to publish on the subject.
Scenario #1: Space invasion. A person walks into a room and even though his/her body never enters the little bubble of personal space that we all like to keep around ourselves, the scent that the person is wearing is so overpowering that you feel like he/she has actually forced him/herself into your space.
Scenario #2: Vapo-trail. You are walking about 10 yards behind someone and you can tell what scent she is wearing. Only dogs should be able to find a person by following their smell.
Scenario #3: Lingering scent. You walk into a room and smell someone's perfume, but that person is nowhere to be seen. You know someone was there, but when?
So, ladies and gentlemen, feel free to don a nice scent, but be aware of how far it radiates.
Here are my thoughts on perfume etiquette and 3 scenarios that should be avoided. If you can think of more, maybe I'll add them to the book I plan to publish on the subject.
Scenario #1: Space invasion. A person walks into a room and even though his/her body never enters the little bubble of personal space that we all like to keep around ourselves, the scent that the person is wearing is so overpowering that you feel like he/she has actually forced him/herself into your space.
Scenario #2: Vapo-trail. You are walking about 10 yards behind someone and you can tell what scent she is wearing. Only dogs should be able to find a person by following their smell.
Scenario #3: Lingering scent. You walk into a room and smell someone's perfume, but that person is nowhere to be seen. You know someone was there, but when?
So, ladies and gentlemen, feel free to don a nice scent, but be aware of how far it radiates.

3 Comments:
Your Scenario #2 is #4 on my "what I find most sexy about men" list.
Personally, I think is sexy to walk into a room and just be able to smell *good* men's cologne. Like Abercrombie & Fitch in the mall. It is mysterious not knowing where it is coming from, and entoxicating (the way perfume is meant to be).
And mysterious is sexy too. That is #7 on the list.
I like a to smell a good cologne or put on a pretty scent as much as the next girl. I just think it's more of an intimate thing, not bait to reel someone in. An appropriate scent radius is aboout 2 feet in my opinion.
Perfume lady is back. It's a different scent this time but just as overpowering. Ugh...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home