Coffee

Oh, sweet nectar of life. A wave of calm goes into my belly with each sip. My life without coffee just would not be as rich. And the options for gifts to buy for my mother would be cut in half without coffee or coffee-related paraphernalia. I would be down to perennial plants and hand cream. I mean, come on, giving coffee beans or a coffee maker or a cool mug to someone for Christmas is so much cooler than a plant that they can't actually put in the ground until like May because it frosts in Wisconsin until mid-April.
And what would be the code for, "Let's sit down and chat for a bit," if I couldn't use the phrase, "You want some coffee?" I mean, it's much more tricksome to offer someone a legal addictive stimulant than to just come out and say, "I need emotional bonding time, and while we're at it, why don't we add a hot, steaming, delicious drug to the mix too?"
For some reason, I feel like a sophisticated connosieur when I have a cup of it in my hand.
I pity those poor souls who are trying to give it up. I tried that once. And then I was in such a stupor that I didn't remember why I was doing it, and I quit quitting coffee. It looks good, it smells good, it tastes good, and how could anything that makes me feel so good be so bad?
Well, I'm off to refill my mug...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home