Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Office Supplies

I am extremely territorial about office supplies. I started noticing this when I worked at the last office. I had this great stapler. It was just a regular sized stapler, but it could consistently staple 32 pages without the staple bending. On a day with the proper humidity, air pressure, etc., it could staple even more. This meant that I did not need to make a trip to the copy room for a document that would send my co-workers on a search for the big stapler. If someone asked to borrow my stapler, I would not deny them. Nor would I allow them to leave my desk area with my precious device.

After returning to work today after a 5 day break, my pretty pile of "sunbrite" colored post-its is half gone. So are all of my pens and my desk is in disarray. Not the kind of disarray that comes from various piles that I have made and know the meaning of, but the kind where I do not know where any of my files or supplies are. I know that the supplies are not really mine. I did not pay for them. If I were to quit I could not take them with me. I really have no claim of ownership whatsoever. But I do not like when people move them or take them from my desk. I like my colored pens, my cheery post-its. I order them for me. And I want them to stay on my desk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home