Addicted to Sun
Days like today make me want to be a smoker, but not because I particularly want to inhale toxic fumes. I want an excuse to get outside every couple of hours and steal three minutes of sun rays. The smoker and non-smoker alike do not have a problem with the smoker's need for a the occasional break. The smoker understands the craving and will allow the other person a few minutes to indulge their habit. The non-smoker just looks at the smoker as the poor soul who in their indiscretionate youth was victimized by big tobacco companies and now just can't help but take a little smoke break.
Just like the smoker is addicted to his nature sticks, I am addicted to sun. I get a craving for it after a few hours of the lack of it. I get cranky when I don't see it. I feel like controlled by my desire for it. I understand why people who did not have an understanding of God worshiped the sun.
Try telling someone that the reason you need to take a break is that you're addicted to sun. With the look that you will receive you might might think you just sang a line of "I'm addicted to Love" or that you just told them you are a hippie born thirty years late. I think I'd rather tell someone that I am addicted to nicotine.
Just like the smoker is addicted to his nature sticks, I am addicted to sun. I get a craving for it after a few hours of the lack of it. I get cranky when I don't see it. I feel like controlled by my desire for it. I understand why people who did not have an understanding of God worshiped the sun.
Try telling someone that the reason you need to take a break is that you're addicted to sun. With the look that you will receive you might might think you just sang a line of "I'm addicted to Love" or that you just told them you are a hippie born thirty years late. I think I'd rather tell someone that I am addicted to nicotine.

2 Comments:
It's a dark time of year. Stay strong! The days are slowly getting longer again.
I finally saw the sun after work a couple of days ago. It was so glorious that for a moment I thought I had accidentally left work an hour early.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home