Friday, April 28, 2006

Purple Rain (I apologize in advance for getting that song stuck in anyone's head)

I was seduced by a little drink last night. The same drink I made fun of about 6 months ago. That came back to bite me in the butt, or rather, this morning started to pound me repeatedly between the eyes.

This drink is called Purple Rain. Yes, my friends, the name is what put me off in the first place, too. The not-too-subtle reference to a Prince song made the drink sound suspect. I should have remained suspicious.

I'd had a beer and a cape codder and had a sip of this particular beverage that someone else had ordered. And I liked it. So I ordered one.

First, you have to understand the contents of this beverage. It's a slightly modified long island iced tea. As you probably well know, there is no tea in the long island version. There is a little spash of coca cola, however. The Purple Rain takes out this, the only ingredient of a long island that does not contain alcohol, and replaces it with a yummy Chambord liqueur. So we have ice, liquor and liqueur in a nice, big 16 oz. glass. And although it contains this exhorbitant amount of alcohol, it tastes like candy. Yes, very, very much like liquid candy.

After consuming about half of this drink, I suddenly had the urge to dance. Yes, me, the one who does not in any way like to move and shake like the rest of them (I think I've heard line that somewhere). Fortunately, I still had enough sense to know that this was an unusual urge. I remembered that what throws me with dancing is not the arm and head movements, but what to do with my feet, and contented myself to grooving while still sitting in my chair. (I know, kind of anticlimactic.) It is also fortunate that I refrained from making even one comment on Alec Baldwin.

So, yes, I have a pounding headache and if I had any cookies to toss, that's what I'd be doing right now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

As Alec baldwin has been popping into our lives out of nowhere these days. I found him yet again uninvited through two ridiculously random venues. 1. the concert recording of South Pacific on PBS the other night which I did not watch. I don't have anything against Reba Macintire but it was just weird.
2. Watching Thomas the tank engine and friends at work -- hearing that alec baldwin most assuredly does all of the voices.
3.oops for got about3. Andy thought a car commercial or something was his voice but Dont think it was. It only reminded him of the royal tenenbaums voice over which was indeed alec baldwin.
Anyways, this purple rain drink sounds dangerously drinkable.

April 28, 2006 10:17 AM  
Blogger QueenAtotheM said...

I think you should have gotten up and danced! That would have been awesome if all of a sudden, as we are all sitting there, you jumped up and started dancing. hehehehe!

April 29, 2006 2:08 PM  
Blogger Foodie on a Diet said...

Yes, it's a dangerous drink, indeed. You should try one.

Who is chess nut, by the way?

May 02, 2006 9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home