Friday, November 18, 2005

Dancing

So, two nights ago at "ladies night" Lady #1 was like, "Hey, we should go out dancing again, but this time when you can come, Andie." And Lady #2 was like, "Yeah, we can teach you to dance." And I was like, "Yeah, that sounds like fun."

That was a flat out lie. It doesn't sound like one bit of fun. For one thing, I don't need to "learn how" to dance. It's not like anyone doesn't know how to dance these days. There are no steps to learn. All that appears to be required to be a good dancer is to be flamboyant about the good or bad looking movements that you decide you would like to make. Therein lies my problem. In order for me be flamboyant where there are a lot of people around, I suspect that I would have to consume a fairly large amount of alcohol. And a drunken flailing of limbs just seems like a bad idea.

6 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

:-( sad.

Well, reasons #'s 1&2 for going out dancing really don't apply to you:
1) to meet hott men
2) to hook up with hott men

Reason #3 certainly does apply:
3) to have fun

So does reason #4
4) Get exercise

Reasons 5-10 also apply:
5) Drink a lot on someone else's tab
6) Spend time with the girls!
7) Finally a place to wear all those SEXY clothes I KNOW you have
8) Get acquainted with the cultural side of the Chicago suburban area
9) A reason to stay out late and miss church on Sunday
10) Because Lady #5 is a HYSTERICAL asshole dancer, and we can place bets on how many minutes it'll take her to make out with a stange man.

Quite frankly, the last reason is why I choose to go out dancing. I have may many a dollar just placing bets on that poor lush....

November 21, 2005 10:57 AM  
Blogger Foodie on a Diet said...

Ok, I will consider your points:

1) & 2) You are correct.

3) The jury's still out.

4) Oh, alright, I would probably get as much exercise as I do running, but I do not feel like people are watching me when I run.

5) Eh, not so sure about whose tab that would be or if I want to make an ass of myself in public.

6) Good point.

7) What ARE you talking about? I went shopping with you for sexy clothes and ended up with 2 t-shirts and flip-flops.

8) Ummm... cultural, huh?

9) I come up with enough reasons on my own.

10) Dang it! I cannot think of a rebuttal to this. It does sound intriguing.

November 21, 2005 12:10 PM  
Blogger QueenAtotheM said...

I have another reason to add to the rebuttle. The music absolutely sucks. If I were going to dance to Michael Jackson or Queen or something awesome like that I'd be all up for flambouyant flailing. But instead they pick this boring "it's hot in here so take off all your clothes" or "I like big butts and I cannot lie" crap that has this ANNOYING dunk dunk dunk dunk dunk beat to it. How are you supposed to dance to that?! BORING! LAME!

November 21, 2005 12:46 PM  
Blogger Foodie on a Diet said...

Heather, the reasons I would go would be 6 and 10 (ha ha), and maybe 3 would be true because of those. :)

Andrea, maybe you could be the dj. I just might feel hip dancing to that type of music.

November 21, 2005 3:15 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

dance party, my house!!!

November 21, 2005 8:43 PM  
Blogger QueenAtotheM said...

OOO!!!!! LET'S DO THAT! OOO OO OO!!!! I could bring egg nog from Caribou and we could have it with some dandy brandy. And you could dance with Tim Yoder and hold on to his eyebrows if he spins you too fast. HAHAHAHAHA

November 21, 2005 11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home