To pilfer or not to pilfer?
One day a couple of weeks ago I became curious about the contents of a cupboard in the ladies' room at work. I opened the door to find a creamer/sugar set that looked like it was from a church kitchen, saline solution, a rather cute 1970's-ish bud vase, a bottle of chlorox bleach with a very old looking label, finesse hairspray, paper towels yellow with age and a can of aquanet hairspray. It was like opening a time capsule that had been sealed since 1983.
Now, I am left with only one question: may I take the bud vase? Is it less wrong because the person who owned the vase is probably long gone from this building? Or is it more wrong because I would be disturbing a piece of history? Like stealing archeological artifacts. I keep hearing this ringing in my ears that sounds very much like the refrain from Indiana Jones, "This belongs in a museum."
Now, I am left with only one question: may I take the bud vase? Is it less wrong because the person who owned the vase is probably long gone from this building? Or is it more wrong because I would be disturbing a piece of history? Like stealing archeological artifacts. I keep hearing this ringing in my ears that sounds very much like the refrain from Indiana Jones, "This belongs in a museum."

3 Comments:
you could break it first and I could piece it together, bit by bit, like Ubaid pottery.
When I worked at Saga we had access to what is now the Bemer Center. At the time it was a wasteland of old forgotten relics of the college. We often taped the locking mechanism such that we could enter under the cloak of night to steal stuff. Over the course of a week or so, I made off with 3 office chairs a guitar a key to some city somewhere and lots of old photos. I don't know where any of this stuff is now, but I've never regreted the act.
Hey Andie!
Do you still have that hair style book? If you do, would you mind lending it to me for a month or so at the longest? I am gonna get my hairs cut. If not (as in you don't have it), where did you get it?
Can't wait till tomorrow to watch Grey's Anatomy!!!!! My prediction is that Burke dies. Either it's him or Izzy off the show cause he's the only one who could fire her so he has to die. Heather said she heard Izzy didn't sign her contract. So who knows?!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home