Monday, May 22, 2006

Angry Rant of the Month

So, I stumbled across this post that I saved but never posted:

Whatever happened to propriety? To morality? To being considerate of other people? To refraining from doing or saying something simply because of what someone else might think?

It must have died with the birth of the American spirit or some such bullshit idea like that. We like to be free and wild. To be who we are without having to change that for anyone or anything, goddamit.

I think I was born in the wrong time. I'd like to live in a time or place where there were rules that people followed. A time where people didn't do or say certain just because you don't do or say certain things. Now, I am aware that there probably never existed nor will there exist a time or a place like this, but I haven't once been accused of being a realist.

I'm not suggesting that people start being phony. I'm not suggesting that they just be all smiley and nice to people just to be smiley and nice and because they want people to think that they are nice and proper. I am suggesting that if people care about others around them, that they start to pay attention to how their actions affect them. And that if they don't really care, that they start to care.

Be who you are, yes. But unless who you want to become is an old, friendless, stubborn hermit, I suggest you start taking into consideration what you do to other people.

(I am aware that I am preaching, and that it is totally inappropriate for me to behave in such a condescending manner to everyone who I have ever met and that what I am writing might not be important or even right. However, until I join some martial arts class where kicking people's asses is encouraged, this is how I'll release my frustration at the world.)

What the hell was I so angry about? Your guess is as good as mine at this point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home