Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I love seasons, and by that I mean I love fall.

It seems to be the perfect season for sensory overload. There are so many colors it looks like someone spilled a box of crayons - and not just the box of 8 or even 16 - the box of 120. There are the smells and tastes of so many foods - pumpkin pie, apple cider, halloween candy. Not to mention that the perfect item of clothing to suit this season just happens to be my favorite to wear: the sweater.

I even like to feel the melancholy that comes on a cloudy wet fall day. The colors are darker, and the days are darker. The heavy scent decay destroyed by fire fills the air.

So many opposite extremes - the warm sun and the cold air, the healthy grass and the dying leaves, wet ground and dry wool socks, a cold face and a neck kept warm by a scarf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home