
I have been trying and trying, but I can't for the life of me think of an event where I could dress up like Audrey Hepburn (and I mean really go all out - cigarette holder, elbow length gloves, short bangs, etc.) and not look like a loony. Because looking silly is really not the point of dressing up like Audrey Hepburn. The goal here is to look elegant, and mysterious. People don't really find you elegant if they're snickering or looking cock-eyed at you.
Since I don't regularly attend cocktail parties, and a Halloween party seems like the atmosphere for a silly costume, (and since I'm not 20 years old in the 1960's), I think this may be a lost cause.

3 Comments:
I hear they all dress like her in Buenos Aires...
For Halloween, if nothing else, you should DEFINITELY be Audrey Hepburn. Didn't you say you haven't seen Breakfast at Tiffanys though? If we're still on for tonight's Return of the Jedi, we will have to add Breakfast at Tiffanys for another night. I bought it like two weeks ago. It's one of my favorites. I LOVE it :) She is so fantastic.
Sweet. Screw this job. Screw going back to school. I'm moving to Argentina. Like tomorrow.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home